Monday, January 22, 2007

Day 6

It's been a while since I reported on the progress of the project. I ordered two sets of battery operated "wide angle LED lights" from Creative Energy Industries. The arrived in less than a week and I think they are going to work great. I sold the pinball backbox and backglass to a local pin collector who runs the Washington Pinball Coalition list-serve. He once had a Time 2000 and loved the artwork, even though the game was boring. He is going to wire and light the backbox and hang it on his wall to show off the cool pinball artwork, something I considered doing as well before he contacted me. He had another old Atari pinball table, a very cool looking Star Rider, and he let me test the display units from mine on his to see if they worked. They did, so I have them currently up on Ebay and hope to both make some money back and help out someone else's Atari pinball project. I also found someone looking for the flipper solenoids for and Atari Superman, so I need to do a little research and find out if they are the same, if so I'll sell those to him as well. The good part about this project is I'm helping a few other people out completing their games with the usable parts I have leftover.

Expenses so far:
-$100 for the half gutted machine
-$38 for the lights
+$30 for selling the backbox and backglass
-------------------------------------------
Total spent on project: $108

No comments: